Top 20 movie quotes of all time
1) "We came, we saw, we kicked it's ASS!" Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters
2) "Wendy, darling, light of my life, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just going to bash your brains in." Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance, The Shining
3) "How much for the little girl? The women, how much for the women? I want to buy your women. . . the little girl. . . your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children." John Belushi as Jake Blues, The Blues Brothers
4) "Then as of this moment, they are on double-secret probation" John Vernon as Dean Wormer, Animal House
5) "When Columbus reached the new world, he burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated.. . . . .Anatoly, you're afraid of our fleet. Well, you should be. Personally, I give us one chance in three. A little more tea anyone?" Sean Connery as Marco Ramius, The Hunt for Red October
6) "Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing out swords . . . that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. . . .You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you. . . .I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away! ......Ah! NOW we see the violence inherent in the system.........Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!" Michael Palin as Dennis, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
7) "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czecheslovakia. It's like we're going to Wisconsin." Bill Murray as Pvt. John Winger, Stripes.
8) "I was born a poor black child" Steve Martin as Navin Johnson, The Jerk
9) "And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Dom too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... " Stephen Root as Milton Waddams, Office Space
10) "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be defended by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? YOU?! YOU, Lieutenant Weinberg?! I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives, and my existence, while grotesque, and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spend defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the protection I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just say thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!" Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan Jessup, A Few Good Men.
11) "What now? Well let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' ni%$ers, who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?! I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna git medieval on your ass." Ving Rhames as Marcellus Wallace, Pulp Fiction.
12) "Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much, my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her, and how I'll ever be able to tell about days like today. Ryan? I don't know anything about Ryan, I don't care. The man means nothing to me; he's just a name. But you know, if going to Remal, and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife, well then, then that's my mission." Tom Hanks as Captain Miller, Saving Private Ryan.
13) "Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" Bill Paxton as Pvt. Hudson, Aliens.
14) "You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down." Al Pacino as Vincent Hanna, Heat.
15) "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend." Morgan Freeman as Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding, The Shawshank Redemption
16) "If you're part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that they're going to kill you, doesn't happen that way. There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people who've cared for you all of your life. And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help." Ray Liotta as Henry Hill, Goodfellas.
17) "I... I don't know exactly how to put this, sir, but are you aware of what a serious breach of security that would be? I mean, he'll see everything, he'll... he'll see the Big Board!" George C. Scott as Gen. Buck Turgidson, Dr. Strangelove.
18) "I'm Sorry Wendy, but I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die." Mr. Garrison, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
19) "You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson." Sean Connery as Officer Jim Malone, The Untouchables.
20) "Laugh while you can, monkey boy." John Lithgow as Lord John Worfin, The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension.
'The Devil's Arithmetic' and immigration
7 months ago